Procedures for business incorporation and registration in Mozambique (at the Commercial Registration Conservatory)
In light of the New Commercial Code, approved by Decree - Law No. 2/2005, of 27 of December, and complementary legislation, procedures for company registration in Mozambique have been simplified. The registration process comprises the following steps:
• Company name reservation at the Conservatory of Legal Entities Registration
• Agreement on the wording of the company's Articles of Association by the shareholders. It is recommended that the company's Articles of Association be reviewed by a professional;
• Open a bank account for the purpose of depositing the share capital. The necessary documents: Certified copy of the company name reservation certificate, draft company Articles of Association, certified copy of the shareholders' identification documents;
• Formalize the company registration at the Conservatory of Legal Entities' Registration. Documents to be submitted: Copy of the company name reservation certificate, draft company Articles of Association, proof of the bank deposit, certified copy of the shareholders' identification documents.
Outcome of the process:
• Company legally registered.
• The publication of the Articles of Association on the official gazette made by the Conservatory of Legal Entities' Registration
Once the registration has been completed, the company must have a fiscal registration and obtain the corresponding tax registration number (NUIT) at the fiscal office of the business area has been established, as well as the operation licenses from the entities responsible for the area of the business activities.